Getting started with Github
Create a Github account
- Go to http://github.com.
- Create a user name and password:
- Go to your account profile page:
- Create a new repository:
- Name the git repository to the name of your OER Resource:
- Select "Initialize this repository with a README" and click "Create repository":
- Your repo will look like this:
Clone the Github repo to your computer
- Click on "Clone or Download", then choose "Open in Desktop":
- If you don't already have Github's desktop app installed, you will need to install it now. You will be redirected to the download page:
- After installation, you may have to repeat step one. The Desktop will ask you for a location on your desktop to save to. Choose a directory on your computer in "local path", and click "Clone".
- Congrats! You now have a cloned Github repository.